I write this post to share with you how link cloaking will benefits to you, I’ll not talk about how you should cloak your links as I believe you already know about that.
The common reasons to cloak your link is…
- To prevent from affiliate stealth, prevent someone that try to bypass your affiliate link.
But did you know what’s the key additional benefit that you’ll receive from cloaking your link?
- You can collect the stats of which link was clicked by visitors the most.
Just this benefit, it’s reasonable to cloak your link. Because with link clicked stats, you can boost your profit while saving your cost.
Like this, if you know which link was frequently clicked by your visitor, this means it performs a high Click-Through-Rate (CTR). Generally, this means it’s making the most profit for you.
So, you just try to promote this link oftenly instead of a low CTR links.
This is one of the most easiest method to boost up your profit.
However, general link cloaker will not be able to collect this CTR stats. It just designed to hide your affiliate link only.
If you are using some link cloaking techniques just like using TinyUrl.com or the similar.
What you need to do to collect the CTR stats is to integrate your pages with other web stats services such as Google-Analytics.
Google-Analytics provides a very good stats. But it may not suit for people who is a ‘normal’ guy. It will be the best web stat tool if you are such a techie guy.
To summarize this method.
- Cloak your link with some link cloaker or using TinyUrl.com.
- Integrate your pages with Google-Analytics tracking code. Get Google-Analytics account from here.
- See your web stats, focus on outgoing links clicked. You’ll see which links generate the most clicked, which link generate less clicked.
- Promote more for most clicked links or replace less clicked with the most clicked links.
This method surely will generate more profit for you.
Did you think this process will take too much of your time?
If yes, just leave your comment here and come back to check as I’m developing a plug-in for Wordpress that will automatically cloak your all links in all blog posts while collecting a CTR stats without you to bother with any technical stuffs.